Questions to a Daughter:
I posed a series of questions to my oldest daughter to gauge her response and get some insight into the mind of an early teenager. The following are the questions and her response answers:
1. What are the 3 things you are most proud of? Why?
Answer: I'm proud that i'm becoming a stronger hitter because before i could't hit and now I can. I'm also proud of getting mostly all A's in school because that means that i'm paying attention in class and I'm getting better in math. I'm proud of being an older sister because later on they'll come to me for advice and i could tell them things that i've gone through so they won't make the same mistakes.
2. What 3 things about yourself do you like the most?
Answer: I have a family that is getting me ready for the future. My vertical and my height.
3. What three things make you feel most uncomfortable? Why?
Answer: I feel uncomfortable when I'm center of attention, speaking in front of an audience, and being in crowded areas.
4. Describe three areas about yourself that you are confident in?
Answer: i'm confident that i'm gonna be a good person, i'll be able to help others when i grow up and i can do anything i really want to accomplish a goal.
5. What are the 3 most important things in your life? Why are they important?
Answer: Family is important because without them I wouldn't have anyone to encourage me and help me become a good person. Another thing that is important to me is that school/education because in order to succeed and get a good job you have to have an education. Volleyball is also important to me because it strengthens me and it teaches me that you have to work hard to get what you want or what you want to accomplish.
6. What are the 3 things that you are most thankful for?
Answer: I am thankful for having a family that cares about their children because some people have parents who let their children waste their lives. I am also thankful for having food because kids in different parts of the world are starving because they don't have food. I'm thankful for the opportunities to be a better athlete because other kids don't have the opportunity
7. What 3 things make you really mad? Why do they make you mad?
Answer: Constantly getting yelled at because i know what i did wrong and if i don't, i don't want to be reminded because i now know i did something wrong. Another thing that makes me mad is when a person does something wrong and you tell them to shake it off but they ignore you. And then when you make a mistake they yell you or roll their eyes. The last thing that makes me mad is when teachers/ coaches do nothing and all they do is yell at you. This makes me mad because students did nothing wrong and they're yelling at us because they didn't have a good day.
8. Name 3 goals you want to achieve this summer. Which is the #1 goal?
Answer: #2 A cleaner room #1 Become better at passing/ serve receive #3 learn how to cook
9. Name 3 fun things you want to do this summer.
Answer: 3 fun things I want to do this summer are hang out with my friends, read books, and have a mother daughter day.
10. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do? What made it hard?
Answer: Last summer when there was training every week. It was hard because i wasn't used to all the training.
11. Name three things that make you embarrassed.
Answer: Getting yelled at in front of people, making mistakes, and not knowing what to do.
12. If you had $100….what would you spend it on?
Answer: I would probably spend it on food and clothes.
13. Name 3 of your heroes. Why are they your heroes?
Answer: mama, you, and Mama is my hero because she gave birth to me, took care of me and loves me no matter what. you're my hero because you made mama happy again when you married her and you gave me a chance to be better at volleyball and your'e preparing me for the future.
14. If you could change one rule in our home, what would it be?
Answer: Instead of choosing what to do as chores, there should be a list every week for the jobs.
15. If you can fast forward your life to 10 years from now, what do you think you will be doing? Where do you think you will be living? Where do you think you will you be working?
Answer: I see myself in college living in a house with roommates. I also see myself trying/ working to be a coach or teacher.
16. Who are you most like in our family? What is one important thing you have learned from Mama? What is one important thing you have learned from me?
Answer: you because i go to school and after we go to practice. One important thing i learned from you is that you have to work hard to succeed in life. One important thing I learned from mama is that you have to be grateful for all the stuff you have because some kids don't have them.AAnswer:
17. What is the best complement you have received? Who gave it to you?
Answer: I don’t know.
18. On a scale of 1-10, how strict are your parents?
19. Name 3 areas that you act like an adult. Name 3 areas where you still act like a child.
Answer: i watch and help take care of my siblings, Sometimes I don't make my own decisions, I let others decide for me, and i don't clean my room/bathroom/closet.
20. What do you respect about your mother and father?
Answer: They get up really early to take care of us and they give us an opportunity to be good at what we want to do. And they're always there to encourage us.
21. What has been your worst mistake? What did you learn from it?
Answer: My biggest mistake in my opinion is not making my own decisions. I learned that if i want to do something you have to decide yourself and don't let others decide for you.
22. What would you do, if you could do anything you wanted?
Answer: Go on a shopping spree with my mom and friends and eat candy/ desserts all day
23. Where would you like to visit, if you could go anywhere?
Answer: I would want to go to the bahamas or paris
24. What 3 important issues have you been thinking about lately? What 3 funny things have you been thinking of? What three sad things have you been thinking of?
Answer: 3 important issues: the act /sat work, attacking the ball, and getting ready to pass the ball. 3 funny things: khadijah throwing tantrums, 3 sad things: kids starving to death,
25. What’s one area in which Mama and I can support you in the next six months?
Answer: School getting ready for high school
26. If you were not playing volleyball, what sport would you play?
Answer: soccer or track
27. Which area of study do you like most? Which do you dislike most?
Answer: i like math the most. I don't like English.
28. What advice will you give your sister when she is transitioning into her teenage years?
Answer: Clean your room and listen to our parents. Also, stay out of trouble and don't hang out with other kids that are bad influences.
29. What advice will you give your brother when he becomes a teenager?
Answer: Protect Khadijah and focus on school. I would also tell him to man up if he's in trouble.
30. If you could ask Mama one question, what would it be?
Answer: Do you regret anything? If so what is it and why?
31. If you could ask me one question, what would it be?
Answer: If you could go back to the past what would you change or do and why?
32. List 3 areas in your life where you depend on others. Who and what? List 3 areas in your life where people are dependent on you. Who and What?
Answer: Depend on others: Getting to volleyball practice ( You or mama because i don't know where they are and how to drive) Getting food ( you and mama because i don't have money and i don't work)
Depend on me: To clean my own room( parents ) To help out around the house (parents) To always work at a 100% (parents because they want us to succeed in life and nothing is free so we have to work)